6 Month Fixed Term Contract
Location: Crawley, West Sussex
Our client is developing an Air Traffic Management System. For this role they require experience of ATM or Unmanned Traffic Management Systems – UTM, Drones.
What does the job involve?
- Implementing new Engineering Change Requests (ECRs) on both the server services and the HMI
- Fixing Problem Reports (PRs) reported internally or by the customer.
- Improving the software build process, the unit level testing process and the test plans in collaboration with the Integration team.
- Helping the Integration team understand how to solve problems via configuration.
- Estimating Enhancement Requests for prospective and existing customers
- Generating releases and virtual machine images
- Working in an AGILE, liaising with the SCRUM Master to ensure the software sprints are delivered on time and with the correct quality.
What are we looking for?
- Knowledge of ADA, C++, Java programming languages (or the willingness to learn if not all are known)
- A Team Player willing to help the other disciplines such as Hardware, Integration and Systems Engineering where necessary.
- Preferably experience in HMI work using Qt/C++ and X/Motif
- Experience with Linux, Jira, SVN, Git, Jenkins
- Good level of self-organization and ability to manage multiple tasks at once.
- An understanding of requirements and configuration management, aeronautical Software and Hardware standard (e.g., DO-278) and Air Traffic Control