Software Architect with deep experience of designing, building and delivering large Data Warehouses, Data Lakes and Data Analytics solutions using Microsoft Azure. This role will be responsible for the design of the architecture, the hardware environment, and the design methodology of the code.
Our client is helping international companies to support their customers and grow their customer base. Developing leading edge retail sales big data solutions and analytics by combining cutting edge analytics software, machine learning and artificial intelligence to deploy the power of predictive analytics.
Solutions are focused on helping brands, retailers and any business harness the vast amount of Big Data to hand to create true insight in the form of predictive analytics. Machine learning will look at all variables including consumer density, stock availability and sales data to create a predicted algorithm. As more data is added over time the algorithm adapts and increases in accuracy.
You will play a key role in the Retail Data Solutions Team, which focuses on the development of our Data Warehouse and Systems Integration products using Azure Data technology for applications and analytics. This role is for someone who is passionate about developing innovative analytics solutions to help us drive our strategic business outcomes and to enable data-driven insights. You will be responsible for design, development. delivery, complex solutioning, and knowledge management.
Building a System to capture major Sales and Retail Information from there Retail Tools / Web Sites, Mobile Apps, Analytics.
- Work as part of a team to design and develop analytics platform solutions.
- Implement Azure data services including Azure SQL, Azure Data Lake, Azure Data Factory, and Power BI Platform. May also include Databricks, Snowflake, Cosmos DB, or Azure Synapse Analytics
- Design and develop scalable data ingestion frameworks to transform a wide variety of datasets.
- Research, analyze, recommend and select technical approaches for solving challenging and complex development and integration problems.
- Assist in designing multi-phased Azure data strategies, including designing multi-phased implementation roadmaps.
- Serve as a subject matter expert in Azure analytics platforms for larger the Slalom practice and contribute back to the community.
- Integration with COTS products such as Salesforce and HubSpot.
7+ years data engineering/data warehousing experience
2+ years real-word experience implementing production Azure analytics platforms.
Strong knowledge of database, storage, collection and aggregation models, techniques and technologies – and how to apply them in business.
The ability to apply such methods to solve business problems using one or more Azure data services in combination with building data pipelines, data streams, and system integration.
- Mastery of .NET, C#, and T-SQL
- Proficient with SSIS, experienced with Azure Data Factory
- Experience with Azure SDKs and programmatic access services
- Working experience with version control platforms
- Working knowledge of agile development including DevOps concepts
- Strong communication skills
- Strong Data Warehousing / Data Lake ability.
- Microsoft AZURE. Azure Data Lake Storage.
- Tiered storage and policy management.
- Azure Active Directory (Azure AD) and role-based access control (RBAC).
- Azure Databricks, Synapse Analytics or HDInsight.
- Azure SQL Database, Azure Synapse Analytics
- Azure Data Lake Analytics Units (AU)
- Data Visualisation - Microsoft Power BI
- Machine Learning
- Big Data
- SQL Server
Educational degree in IT, Software Engineering, Computer Science, applied mathematics, statistic or other relevant field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
This role is Remote based with occasional office trips which are in Oxfordshire.