RF Electronics Engineer
Salary £50,000 - £60,000 per annum
A pioneering medical technology start-up company based in Bristol is looking for an RF Electronics Engineer to help support the future development of a new system. They are in the later stages of developing and commercialising a new technology for detecting breast cancer using radio-waves that has the potential to completely transform how breast cancer is detected.
They are really looking for someone who can both generate ideas but who is also competent and passionate about doing the best job they can.
As an RF Electronics Engineer, your responsibilities will include:
- Electronics hardware design, verification, and validation.
- Production support and transfer of designs to production.
- Operating between 3 and 8 GHz, driving a 60 element, semi spherical, antenna array used to measure breast tissue.
- RF system/hardware measurement, test, and calibration development.
- Generating technical documentation such as design and validation reports, manufacturing and production guidelines and manuals.
- Production support for new and existing designs.
- Contributing to system design and development of company product.
- Liaising with external contractors in the manufacture of the company's product.
- Supporting development and maintenance of Technical Files to maintain compliance with ISO 13485, FDA, and other relevant regulatory standards.
- Adhering to company plans and product performance goals.
- Maintaining and updating existing hardware.
- Designing and developing of RF electronic equipment for medical devices according to company procedures and regulatory standards
The RF chain has a bespoke modular design consisting of a CW source, a switching matrix that distributes the signals to the antennas from the source.
We are looking for an RF Electronics Engineer who has the following desirable skills and experience:
- EMC test and design
- FPGA programming/development
- Medical device development – EN 60601-1
- RF propagation measurement and simulation.
Please note: some work will be remote.
To apply for this role as RF Electronics Engineer, please click apply online and upload an updated copy of your CV.