Our client is a long established Microsoft Gold Partner, with a history of working with enterprise clients and SME's to deliver cost savings, efficiency gains and competitive advantage through their innovative software development.
They currently have an exciting opportunity for an experienced IT Systems Engineer to join their team.
The role will involve assisting their clients with second and third level support incidents on desktop, server, and hosted platforms (including Microsoft Office 365, and Azure). The successful candidate will also carry out proactive operations, and highlight any opportunities for improvement of customer systems.
Additionally, the successful applicant with be able to lead new implementations and system migrations and be comfortable acting as an escalation point for our desktop support team for more challenging issues.
We would like to hear from candidates with these skills / experiences
• IT support of corporate environments, including servers, network infrastructure (switches, firewalls, WAPs and endpoint devices), and related applications.
• Good knowledge of Windows 10, Microsoft Office, corporate backup and endpoint protection, and general desktop software.
• Excellent knowledge of Windows Server (2012 and later including Hyper-V), Office 365 deployment and administration and deploying TLS Certificates.
• Confident telephone manner, with excellent analytical and problem solving skills and the ability to explain technical concepts to both technical and non-technical clients. You should be able to prioritise and schedule support tickets according their impact on clients and their business.
• Detailed networking knowledge (site VPN’s, VLANs, controller based wireless networks)
• Microsoft Office 365 and Azure administration, migration and deployment
• Hyper-V, SQL and Exchange Server experience
Duties will include:
• Logging and tracking of customer support incidents
• Communication with customers for the duration of support incidents
• Investigating and resolving support issues (via telephone, remote access, and on site)
• Build and deployment of new equipment
• Installation and configuration of desktop and server software and deployment / configuration of hosted services.
A full UK valid driving licence will be required for the role.
Use of a vehicle will be provided.
The successful applicant will be a confident self-starter, with good communication skills with the ability to work under pressure. A valid Microsoft or similar industry certification would also be an advantage.
Permanent or Contract (outside IR35 / Off-payroll rules do not apply)