IT Systems and Solutions Manager
Location: London (City)
Our client is a leading professional membership body providing research and insight through knowledge and technology. The core responsibilities of the role are to identify and recommend technology innovations and solutions that deliver a high-quality end to end customer experience and business efficiency. Specify, build, and develop in-house IT solutions for product digitalisation and ongoing process automation to meet customer needs and provide for business growth and change. Keep up with new SaaS services, techniques, and tools in order to migrate our infrastructure forward as these develop.
Manage the delivery of The Institute’s technology strategy to drive innovation and improvements in customer service and business efficiency. Oversee the effective operation of operational IT systems including information security and disaster recovery. Collaborate across the business to define user needs and specify solutions. Commission and/or build IT solutions to bring about digital / hybrid delivery of products, services, and processes. Manage performance of suppliers / outsourcers. Educate the team and improve in-house capability.
The portfolio includes business infrastructure systems, customer interaction with products and services, CRM system, Intranet, learning management system, website, and online knowledge bases.
IT management and leadership
- In conjunction with the CIO, develop and implement The Institute’s technology roadmap
- enable innovation and achieve commercial goals
- Work with external suppliers and Institute subject matter experts to ensure that all systems comply with The Institute’s standards and industry best-practice security protocols and procedures, including data protection.
- Analyse business requirements in consultation with colleagues and users in order to create specifications and business justifications for new investment. In particular the product and customer experience team.
- In conjunction with the CIO, create detailed statements of work in order to carry out supplier tendering / selection and manage supplier delivery against agreed criteria.
- Oversee and advise on sourcing of systems design and support to ensure the best fit in terms of quality, resilience, growth potential and value for money.
- Manage technical delivery projects end-to-end, from initial discovery and solution development through build / configure, test and deployment.
- Collaborate with colleagues on internal process reviews to identify and deliver process automation and improved speed / quality whilst balancing this with customer experience.
- Working across the business, create tools and processes to enable the production of accurate data / MI that meets the needs of different users.
- Ensure the DT are aware of the latest security and technology developments in order to make recommendations to protect our business.
- Lead a programme to achieve relevant IT accreditation (ISO / Cyber Security) for The Institute.
- Contribute to Disaster Recovery plans: identify and evaluate unmitigated risk and assist in the development of plans / solutions to mitigate potential outages / threats.
- Plan for disaster recovery and create contingency plans in the event of any security breaches so that preventative and remedial action is taken promptly, and learning is captured.
- In conjunction with the CIO, develop and implement Information and Cyber Security Policies to protect data and intellectual assets and ensure all employees are appropriately trained to understand their responsibilities.
- Oversee provision of (and provide directly where appropriate) training and guidance to colleagues on new or changed processes and systems to enhance capability and encourage self-support.
- Support onboarding of all new employees to ensure they are appropriately equipped for the job and can operate relevant systems quickly, safely, and effectively.