Digital Signal Processing Engineer
Advanced Medical Imaging Development
Our client are a pioneer in the development microwave radar breast imaging technology. They have developed a breast scanning system that uses radio waves instead of X-rays. It’s been proven in clinical trials to identify regions of interest that correspond to cancer.
The DSP Engineer (radar expert) will be contribute to development and industrial research in support of the Company’s active R&D work streams. Responsible for the evaluation, design, and improving radar imaging system and techniques for medical applications. Developing algorithm, and implement imaging and analytical aspect of the commercial software.
- Develop and implement novel radar imaging technique for medical applications;
- Assessing technologies to improve/ extend the Company’s radar imaging techniques;
- Making contributions to R&D resulting in novel functionality and new product offerings;
- Documentation in forms of technical papers, and presentation; and
- Contribute in patents application.
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience of digital signal processing / DSP.
- Knowledge of medical imaging (e.g., Ultrasound, CT, and/or MRI) theory, reconstruction and applications.
- Good solid background in signal processing
- Experience in wave-to-image processing algorithms. Such as synthetic aperture radar (SAR), focusing/reconstruction, beamforming, and compressive sensing.
- Experience in image artefact analysis and solution development.
- Familiar with Pattern Recognition technique, e.g. feature extraction and classification.
- Experience of Machine Learning - MATLAB (or close equivalent) prototyping skills.
- Experience working in a regulated commercial environment (medical, aviation, automotive, Astronomy, Weather) including traceability requirements and risk management.
- Experience in radar imaging techniques including synthetic aperture radar (SAR) and the ability to develop new algorithms and techniques related to radar imaging, such as algorithms involving image focusing/reconstruction, beam-forming, compressive sensing, automatic target recognition, machine learning, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to model and simulate complex array and antenna design using a variety of open-source or commercial electromagnetic simulation tools
- Experience in medical imaging or biomedical signal statistical analysis.
- Experience with system that rely on microwave propagation in complex medium.
- Knowledge and experience in Inverse scattering problem.
- C, C++, C# Object Oriented Programming, familiar with Visual Studio.